New Thing: Challenge # 50

Challenge 50: Write a "This I Believe" essay.

I managed to pass one! It's not exactly an essay, more like a list. But the whole idea of this challenge was to think about and focus on what I believe, and that's what I've done. I've left the file on the desktop of my laptop, and I'm going to look back at it in a few days to see if it inspires a piece of writing.

This I Believe...

I believe that everyone has the right to be as different as they want.
I believe in faith, and in a higher power, but I don’t believe in religion.
I believe that in the indefinable size of the universe, and other universes, and general existence, that there must be a planet with life on it somewhere.
I believe that vampires and werewolves and ghouls and ghosts and elves and fae roam the earth, but that they are better at hiding that the stories make them out to be.
I believe that despite my flaws, I deserve the same chance at love and happiness as everyone else.
I believe that love can conquer anything.
I believe in freedom, beauty, truth and love.
I believe that as long as you aren’t hurting anyone, you can do whatever you like.
I believe that Santa Claus is real.
I believe that wishes can come true.
I believe that dreams are messages.
I believe that people aren’t as nice to each other as they could be.
I believe in past lives and reincarnation.
I believe in imagination.
I believe that adults should indulge their inner child more than they do.
I believe that not all wounds will always heal.
I believe in superheroes.
I believe in the healing power of cuddles and laughter.
I do not always believe in myself, but I believe that someone else does.
I believe in the right of every human being to believe what they like.
I believe in the Christmas spirit.
I believe in hopefulness, and in hopelessness.
I believe in magic.



Current saved total: £95
Current donated total: £155

0 comments: