New Thing: Challenge # 1

Challenge 1 - ask 15 people what one movie you should definitely see before you die, and watch them all in one week.

I'm not entirely sure whether I've failed or passed this challenge. I collected my list of 15 movies, then changed it to a list of 16 because I forgot about a movie someone had said before I collected them all.

So here was my list...

Star Trek: The Motion Picture (mum)
White Chicks (michaela)
Avatar (neil)
Iron Man (tim)
2001: A Space Odyssey (mike)
Akira (cayden)
Godfather (todd)
Land Before Time (clay)
Billy Madison (holly)
Gone With the Wind (jen)
Lost in Translation (lee)
Little Nemo: Adventures in Slumberland (heather)
Tombraider (branden)
Pirates of the Caribbean (heather)
Life of Brian (kat)
Usual Suspects (nat)

So, 16 movies. Easy. When I'm living nocturnally, midnight is more like lunchtime for me so I normally consider the end of a day to be when I go to bed or when the sun rises, whichever is first. But Neil was impatient to watch Avatar so we started at midnight, which means my deadline is midnight tonight. That's in 2 hours and 20 minutes, and I'm currently only half way through movie 14. No way I'm gonna finish.

So do I count it as a failure? Or do I skip the sixteenth movie, considering the challenge was only for 15? I don't know what to do. I don't think I can undo a decision. So 16 movies it is.

Normally I'd give myself until dawn to finish, which is easy, but then it wasn't completed in a week. Unless I watch Avatar again. Can I watch two and a half movies, plus Avatar by dawn? If I can, then it's a pass. If I can't, then it's a failure.

Decision made.

Current saved total: £5
Current donated total: £0

0 comments: