I'm moving!

Dear Internet

I'm moving! I went to view an apartment yesterday, and I signed the tenancy agreement and picked up the key today, I move on Saturday. YAY :-D

It's a lovely little apartment. Not big enough for a family, but definitely okay for me. Kitchen, lounge, bathroom, bedroom, walk in wardrobe. They're letting me have my darling Tippi Kitty, which is a big big plus. It wasn't an option really. I'm not moving somewhere that wouldn't let me have her.

I started packing today. I brought some boxes from a removals website and I've already packed 6 of them. And a suitcase. And a couple of bags of soft toys. And a crisp box worth of books. I'd say I've only done a quarter to a third of the work though. Lots and lots to do.

I've booked a man and a van. Two men and a van actually. I don't want to do any of the work this time. I'm pretty sure my ankle would refuse to do anything anyway, and I have no handy van-driving friend this time around. Jen and I will supervise and then she's gonna help me unpack. I'm getting some free furniture from a friend of the lovely landlady, and they're even delivering.

I just called Sky, which is a good thing and a bad thing. Good thing is I'll have Sky Plus tv and unlimited broadband. Bad thing is they won't be around to install the Sky box 'til next Thursday, and then I gotta wait two weeks for the landline before I can even call about the broadband. No internet!! Nooooooooooooooooooo :-( Not sure how I'll cope with that.

But the point is I'm moving. I do have a mild concern. I moved into shared accommodation because I thought living alone was only aggravating my depression. As much as living here is driving me nuts, I don't know if I'm going to cope with living alone again. I'm going to work my hardest to manage, and I know I have a good support system. I'll manage.

Back to packing. Anyone wanna help?

0 comments: