All Change!

Hi there bloggers, long time no speak. I've been insanely busy. And even when I wasn't busy, I didn't have the energy to blog. Here's a brief update:

- I MOVED!! I now live in Newcastle-Under-Lyme. I moved cities, while actually only moving a few streets down the road. But I have a lovely new flat now, all to myself.

- I have a cat. An insane, schizo, mad little beast. Name of Alfie, he's only a few months old and he's very teeny tiny and cute. Until he's latching on to the skin of my thigh, or getting himself trapped on top of the curtain pole or something. It's all fun and games. Hopefully I'm getting a second cat too, before this one turns out like Gadget and gets too used to the place being his alone. Also, before you ask, I haven't gotten rid of Tippi. Tippi grew a nice pair of bollocks, and Tippi just didn't seem like a boy's name. So now he's Alfie.

- I've been episoding for the past week. It's not fun. It's even worse when I go to bed and there are no more distractions. I don't like going to bed. I'm tired now, shattered. But I'm scared to go to bed.

Those are actually the main three changes. And the third one isn't really much of a change. It has stopped me doing all those little things that need doing when one moves into a new home. For instance, all my clothes are still on the floor of my (walk-in) closet, there is still a pile of flattened boxes on my living room floor, all my dresser items are dumped on the dresser and not actually organised in any way at all.

But the plan is to sort all that out tomorrow. I'm having a Pot Luck Housewarming Dinner on Saturday - hopefully my episoding boyfriend will make it, I miss him - and I'd like to have the place perfect by then. The only thing out of my control is the hallway carpet. Whilst the place was uninhabited over Christmas a pipe froze and burst. I was told I could wait until it was all sorted before I moved in, but I couldn't wait to move. So since I had a pair of handsome Mormon Elders help me shift all my stuff, I've had...

- a gas man out to do the boiler check and show me that the cooker the previous tenants left behind (and that the landlords claimed as theirs) was unsafe. He demonstrated this by touching it and it all collapsed.

- a landlady out with a new cooker.

- a gas man out to check the new cooker.

- a rag and bone man out to collect the washing machine that the previous tenants left behind and that I was allowed to keep except that it didn't work and so the rag and bone man came to collect it but it was still wired in and he didn't have the right tools and I couldn't have helped him get it down the stairs anyway, and then I asked the landlady if I could keep it anyway cos my microwave is currently on it as I don't have very much work surface space in there.

- a plasterer who failed to show up several times to plaster up the hole in my ceiling, who finally came around when I wasn't in on Monday and gave me a complete ceiling.

- a landlady's husband who came around this evening to repaint the hallway walls after the burst and to reinstall the handrails on the stairs.

So, all that needs doing is a quick coat of paint on the ceiling, which Rich (landlady's husband) is coming round to do tomorrow night, and a new carpet laying down in the hallway. Jenny (the landlady) is gonna order it tomorrow but I really hope they come and fit it before Saturday. I would like to show off my place at it's very best. I'll take pictures eventually.

In the meantime, bed. Maybe.

0 comments: