Lexie



You see this adorable ball of brown and white and ginger fluff? She's so sweet. She's cute and cuddly and affectionate and amusing. She also pees everywhere. ABSOLUTELY EVERYWHERE.

I've had her for around two months now, and for the entire time she's been peeing on my bed. With or without me in it. I changed the type of litter I used, and got her a separate tray in case she didn't want to share with Smudge. And she's litter trained. She'll use the tray. But she also pees on the bed. I brought a nice expensive deodorising pet spray, to remove her scent. And I've used it all up already. I tried squirting her with water when she squats. I tried putting a litter tray in the bedroom. I tried picking her up and plonking her in the tray every time she squats. I recently spent two weeks in the bedroom so that I could watch her every second. All to no avail.

The current plan is keeping her out of the bedroom. All the time. Which sucks, because I like it when my girls sleep with me. And for the past few days I've been letting her in for 10-20 minutes at a time. During those times I don't do anything at all except watch her. And she's only squatted once. I was beginning to optimistically hope that it might be working. And then...

Today I discovered that she's been peeing in the living room. Oh, and I found stains in the bedroom in places other than the bed. She peed on my hand-knitted blanket. She peed on a pile of stuffed toys. She's been peeing on the sofa. She peed on a couple of bags of yarn I had lying around. She peed in every single open box on the living room floor - which is quite a few, cos Smudge likes to sleep in them.

I don't know what to do now. I've googled, and I'm going to buy an orange-scented room spray on Tuesday, because apparently cats don't like orange. I'm also going to take her to the vet to get her checked for a UTI. But I can't do that for two weeks. I need to go to the PDSA to register her on Tuesday, and then make an appointment. And unless they have an appointment free on Tuesday, I can't afford to take her until two Tuesdays after that.

Is it wrong that I hope she has an infection? If she has an infection, we can cure it and she'll stop peeing. If she doesn't have an infection, then I'm all out of ideas. Short of never doing anything ever again aside from follow her around and squirt her when she squats.

0 comments: