Week of the Muffins

I like to bake. I'm not always very good at it, but I like to bake. And, without blowing my own trumpet, I'm actually pretty good at muffins. I have a million muffin recipes, but I haven't been able to bake properly in months because of the stupid issues with NPower and the gas. This week I've had gas.. and a working over... and so muffins.

Monday night I made peppermint muffins - they were absolutely delicious.
Yesterday I made sweetcorn & chilli muffins - they didn't rise, and were a little dry (which I fixed by adding more milk for the second half) - but they were also delicious.
This morning I made gingerbread muffins, which were so good I gave a few people foodgasms.
In the oven right now are some bacon and cheddar muffins. I'm sure there'll be delicious.
Tomorrow I'm trying out a chicken and sweetcorn muffin, and on Saturday I'll be making chocolate cheesecake muffins.

Then I get paid next Tuesday, so I'm thinking of stocking up on ingredients for even more muffins! Sweet potato, roasted chilli and feta cheese, anyone? Pineapple and passionfruit? Peanut butter and banana?

I'm going to turn into a muffin at this rate.

0 comments: