New Thing: Challenge # 10

Challenge 10 – Try 15 cheeses you’ve never tried before

I passed one! This is challenge number 10, and only the 3rd that I’ve passed. I’m not doing so well with the saving money bit, am I?

This one was kinda expensive. Not to mention it made me look like a right wally. I had to stand at the deli counter in Morrisons (twice, because they don’t have a huge selection to I had to go a second store) and ask for thin slices of various cheeses. I got some very odd looks. Mind you, so did Jen, cos she was there with me. She was a full participant on this challenge. So, here are the cheeses…

1) French Brie – ick ick ick. DO NOT LIKE.
2) Bavarian Smoked – this one wasn’t too bad. Kinda strong though.
3) Wensleydale & Cranberries – this one is nice. Very sweet from the cranberries.
4) White Stilton & Apricots – this one was ok, but I’m not actually that fond of apricots.
5) Applewood Smoked – I didn’t like this one at all, but Jen loved it. So did her housemate.
6) Murcia al Vino – This one was goat’s cheese. Its sub-name was “Drunken Goat”, but I didn’t like it in the slightest.
7) Red Hot Dutch - this one may have tasted nice, I couldn’t tell. I was too busy with my mouth being on fire. Very, very, VERY hot! Too hot.
8) Mexicana – this one is delicious. A little more spicy than I’m used to, but very very nice. So nice that I went and brought a load more.

Just a note here, that the next cheeses were tasted in the cinema. Lol. We went to see Alice in Wonderland and had been to Morrison’s just before to get the cheeses.

9) St Ager – I didn’t like this one in the slightest. It was gooey, and very gross. Jen loved it though.
10) White Cheshire – not bad, but kinda bland.
11) Gorgonzola – Ick! This one was very waxy and horrible.
12) Spanish Manchego – another one I didn’t like. It turns out I’m picky with cheeses.
13) Sandhams Crumbly Lancashire – like the White Cheshire, this was ok, but it didn’t really have a taste.
14) Blue Shropshire – this one was alright. Blue cheese tastes weird, but kinda nice.

It wasn’t until I got home last night that I realized I’d miscounted in the supermarket and was missing a cheese. So I decided that the cream cheese I brought the first time round that we decided needed to be disqualified for not being a cheese, would get a second chance.

15) Crema Bel Paese – mostly bland, but with an odd after taste. I’ve never been a fan of cream cheese though.

Current saved total: £15
Current donated total: £35

0 comments: