Nocturnal Brain

So it's 4.35 in the morning, and here I am wide awake. Generally, I'm not too fussed about this because I can sleep during the day at home. But I'm at my Mum's and sleeping during the day isn't really an option thanks to my darling little sister. I've been awake all day today and I should be fast asleep right now. But despite being utterly exhausted all day, I'm not tired in the slightest.

I just don't do daytime. The daylight saps the energy out of me, even when I don't leave the house. I'm much more active at night time. Which is all good and well if I could sleep during the day. I can't sleep tomorrow because I'm meant to be taking Michael to lunch and then shopping and then taking Michaela to the cinema. Not sure I can handle all that on no sleep. I'll probably end up falling asleep in the movie.

Why can't the world be nocturnal? What's so great about the flipping sun anyway?

0 comments: