Baking Success

So yesterday I had a Guinea Pig Dinner Party. I invited my friends around to try out some recipes from the very large folder of recipes I want to try.

I served a slowcooked bbq meatloaf that was not entirely successful, some curried mushrooms that were so successful I'm having them again for lunch today.

And I served this...


That is a caramel apple cheesecake. It took a hell of a lot of work to make. Making the biscuit base, baking the biscuit base, cooling the biscuit base, pouring in the caramel and pecans, letting the caramel and pecans set, making the cheesecake layer, baking the cheesecake layer, four hours for the cheesecake to set, making the cream topping and adding more caramel. By the time I was going to serve it I was half-hoping that it wasn't that good, so I could throw away the recipe.

Unfortunately it was sublime. Absolutely scrumptious. So scrumptious that my guests almost ate to bursting so that they could finish it. So rich and tasty that my guests refused the recipe in case they made it themselves.

I'm keeping the recipe, but I suspect it shall become a special occasion dessert, rather than an everyday one. Thanksgiving, Christmas... Hmmm, I think there's still a slice left.

0 comments: