A tiny heart-warming moment

It's 4 o'clock in the morning and I'm awake not because of my stupid timetable. I've actually been managing to keep to a fairly decent schedule recently. I'm awake because I'm having another attack of that back/stomach pain thing again. I don't know if I mentioned it on here.

I took some painkillers and sat in the only position that doesn't hurt - sat at the desk and hunched over a pillow. I put on my favouritest Christmas movie ever - The Santa Clause, and I waited for long few hours ahead to come to an end.

Once the pain started to ease a little, I sat back, and leaned my head against the wall behind me. Next thing I know, I'm watching a Christmas movie with Smudge curled up on my chest, and Lexie curled up on the desk just in front of me.

I enjoyed the cuddles, and enjoyed the moment. I have a large family, even though I'm not particularly close to most of them. Even those that I am close to, I'm geographically far from. This Christmas, Smudge and Lexie are my family, and it was really nice to be curled up with the two of them watching a Christmas movie.

Just thought I'd share my little middle-of-the-night heart-warming moment.

0 comments: