2nd Crochetversary - Mammoth Secret Project Reveal


Two years ago today (well, Tuesday actually) I was in America. Living at the University of Southern Maine. I decided that I wanted to learn how to crochet. Technically I'd wanted to know several months before hand, but I just couldn't get it. I tried and failed many times to even start off. But at this time, sat at my desk in Phillippi Hall, I decided I was going to learn, damnit!

To YOUTUBE!!!

I watched several dozen videos, and eventually taught myself. And I made this:



And once I figured out that I could do it, I just didn't stop. I kept going and going. I made several little amigurumis those few months in America,and now I'm making huge things. Like the Mammoth Secret Project, which I can finally reveal!

My little sister Jennie got married last November. Last April I started making her and her husband a purple quilt. It took a really, really long time. They opened the parcel a few days ago, only 10 months late.






I'm quite chuffed with it :-)

Here's to many more years of crochet.

0 comments: